Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.

Mary Oliver

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

History Day @ Your Library

I am presenting a Breakout Session at the History Day @ Your Library training for teachers being held at the MN History Center in St. Paul on November 10, 2010. I'm excited about sharing! The training I do is usually connected to technology, but this is simply using technology(the faithful data projector and laptop) to communicate ideas. I like to find the story in everything--it's her story, it's his story, it's their story, it's our story, it's HISTORY!
The Shelfari widget I just added on the sidebar has some of the picture books I'll be sharing with participants as starting points for a discussion of Debate and Diplomacy, this year's theme.
A picture book is such an excellent teaching tool, people shouldn't abandon it after third grade!

No comments: